W--Wait(等候)       耐心等候,好运总会出现。

X--Xfactor(未知因数)      挖掘自己和别人身上的潜力。

Y--Yes(赞同)        积极迎接挑战和具有一定的冒险精神。

Z--Zest(极大的生活乐趣)   把所有的事情都做到最好,努力达到生活的顶峰

相关帖子

沙发
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-10-16 14:23 | 只看该作者
回顾简·奥斯汀睿智名句————One of my favorite movies

奥斯汀的作品向来以幽默流畅的文笔着称,大家还记得她笔下那些经典的句子吗?今天一起来回味一些吧!

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.

女人的思维很有跳跃性:从仰慕到爱慕,从爱慕到结婚都是一眨眼间的事。

A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.

我所知道最有效的幸福秘方就是“赚大钱”。

A woman, especially, if she have the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can.

一个女人要是不幸聪明得什么都懂,那就必须同时懂得怎么伪装成什么都不懂。

An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion.

订了婚的女人最可爱了。她什么都满足了,什么忧虑都消散了,她可以大大方方去讨好自己未来老公,而无需担心人家以为她在玩暧昧。

Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.

治愈情伤最好的药就是友谊带来的安慰。

Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance.

幸福的婚姻都是靠碰运气赚来的。

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

想给我们的喜好找个理由时,脑袋转的是最快的。

I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.

我不希望遇到好相处的人,因为我会很喜欢很喜欢他们,喜欢别人可是件**烦。

Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.

生活就是一连串的无事忙。

We do not look in our great cities for our best morality.

繁荣的大都市里,没有道德情操这一说。

What is right to be done cannot be done too soon.

越该做的事,就越急不得。

language tips

——看到了,所以发出来。同大家一起欣赏下、。

使用特权

评论回复
板凳
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-10-18 15:35 | 只看该作者
Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonders, the unfailing childlike appetite of what's next and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station: so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long are you young.

无论是60岁还是16岁,你需要保持永不衰竭的好奇心、永不熄灭的孩提般求知的渴望和追求事业成功的欢乐与热情。在你我的心底,有一座无线电台,它能在多长时间里接收到人间万物传递来的美好、希望、欢乐、鼓舞和力量的信息,你就会年轻多长时间。

An individual human existence should be like a river—small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past boulders and over waterfalls. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being.

人的生命应当像河流,开始是涓涓细流,受两岸的限制而十分狭窄,尔后奔腾咆哮,翻过危岩,飞越瀑布,河面渐渐开阔,河岸也随之向两边隐去,最后水流平缓,森森无际,汇入大海之中,个人就这样毫无痛苦地消失了。

Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity,of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.This often exists in a man of sixty more than a boy of twenty.Nobody grows old merely by a number of years.We grow old by deserting our ideals.

青春意味着战胜懦弱的那股大丈夫气概和摈弃安逸的那种冒险精神。往往一个60岁的老者比一个20岁的青年更多一点这种劲头。人老不仅仅是岁月流逝所致,更主要的是不思进取的结果。

Years may wrinkle the skin,but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.

光阴可以在颜面上留下印记,而热情之火的熄灭则在心灵上刻下皱纹。烦恼、恐惧、缺乏自信会扭曲人的灵魂,并将青春化为灰烬。

使用特权

评论回复
地板
okyouwin| | 2012-10-24 14:19 | 只看该作者
Years may wrinkle the skin,but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.

very nice!~

使用特权

评论回复
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-11-1 17:31 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 tee. 于 2012-11-1 17:33 编辑

——————————————————不完整的圆圈
Once a circle missed a wedge. The circle wanted to be whole, so it went around looking for its missing piece. But because it was incomplete and therefore could roll only very slowly, it admired the flowers along the way. It chatted with worms.It enjoyed the sunshine.It found lots of diferent pieces, but none of them fit. So it left them all by the side of the road and kept on searching. Then one day the circle found a piece that fit perfectly. It was so happy. Now it could be whole, with nothing missing. It incorporated the missing piece into itself and began to roll. Now that it was a perfect circle, it could roll very fast, too fast to notice the flowers and talk to the worms. When it realized how different the world seemed when it rolled so quickly, it stopped, left its found piece by the side of the road and rolled slowly away.

The lesson of the story, was that in some strange sense we are more whole when we are missing something. The man who has everything is in some ways a poor man. He will never know what if feels like to yearn, to hope, to nourish his soul with the dream of something better. There is wholeness about the person who hasa come to terms with his limitations, who has been brave enough to let go of his unrealistic dreams and not feel like a failure for doing so.

使用特权

评论回复
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-11-1 17:33 | 只看该作者
从前有一只圆圈缺了一块楔子。圆圈想保持完整,便四处寻找失去的那块楔子。由于它不完整,所以只能滚动很慢。一路上,它对花儿露出羡慕之色。它与蠕虫谈天说地。它还欣赏到了阳光之美。圆圈找到了许许多多不同的配件,但是没有一件能完美地与它相配。所以,它将它们统统弃置路旁,继续寻觅。终于有一天,它找到了一个完美的配件。圆圈是那样地高兴,现在它可以说是完美无缺了。它装好配件,然后滚动起来。既然它已成了一个完整的圆圈,所以滚动得非常快,快得以至于无暇观赏花儿,也无暇与蠕虫倾诉心声。

圆圈快奔急骋,发现眼中的世界变得如此不同,于是,它不禁停了下来,将找到的那个配件留在路旁,又开始了慢慢的滚动。

这个故事告诉我们,从某种奇妙意义上讲,当我们失去了一些东西时反而感到更加完整。一个拥有一切的人其实在某些方面是个穷人。他永远也体会不到什么是渴望、期待以及对美好梦想的感悟。人生的完整性在于一个人知道如何面对他的缺陷,如何勇敢的摒弃那些不现实的幻想而又不以此为缺憾。

使用特权

评论回复
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-11-6 14:16 | 只看该作者
————————————————————————太太,你富有吗
They huddled inside the storm door -- two children in ragged outgrown coats.

"Any old papers, lady?"

I was busy. I wanted to say no -- until I looked down at their feet.

Thin little sandals, sopped with sleet.

"Come in and I'll make you a cup of hot cocoa."

There was no conversation. Their soggy sandals left marks upon the hearthstone.

I served them cocoa and toast with jam to fortify against the chill outside.

Then I went back to the kitchen and started again on my household budget.

The silence in the front room struck through to me. I looked in. The girl held the empty cup in her hands, looking at it. The boy asked in a flat voice," Lady ... are you rich?"

"Am I rich? Mercy, no!" I looked at my shabby slipcovers. The girl put her cup back in its saucer -- carefully.

"Your cups match your saucers."

Her voice was old, with a hunger that was not of the stomach. They left then, holding their bundles of papers against the wind. They hadn't said thank you.

They didn't need to. They had done more than that. Plain blue pottery cups and saucers. But they matched.

I tested the potatoes and stirred the gravy. Potatoes and brown gravy, a roof over our heads, my man with a good steady job -- these things matched, too.

I moved the chairs back from the fire and tidied the living room. The muddy prints of small sandals were still wet upon my hearth. I let them be.

I want them there in case I ever forget again how very rich I am.

使用特权

评论回复
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-11-6 14:17 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 tee. 于 2012-11-6 14:19 编辑

他们蜷缩着相互偎依在我家的挡风门栋里——两个衣衫褴褛的孩子,他们的衣服小得不能再小了。

“太太,请问您有旧报纸吗?”

当时,我正忙着,本来想对他们说没有,但当我看到他们脚上只穿着一双被冰雪浸湿得再单薄不过的便鞋时,我再也说不出口了。

“进屋来吧,我来给你们煮一杯热可可茶。”

默默地他们跟我进了屋,炉边他们浸湿的便鞋留下了一串脚印。我给他们端上可可茶和果酱面包,我想这能帮助他们抵御外面的风寒。

然后我回到了厨房,像往常一样,为了明天的生活而精打细算。

前屋里没有一点声音,这让我感到很奇怪。我向屋里望去,小男孩手里正端着那个已经喝完了的茶杯,认真地凝视着,“太太,您富有吗?”男孩子语气平缓地问道。

“我富有吗?”我看了看沙发上那寒酸的装饰布,回答说,“天哪,我可算不上。”这时,那个小男孩非常小心地把杯子放回到茶碟里。

“您的杯子和茶碟非常相配。”

他说话的声音听起来不像是个孩子,带着一种对食物以外的东西的渴望。然后,他们抱着旧报纸,顶着风雪离开了。他们甚至没有说一声“谢谢”,是的,他们根本没有必要说,实际上他们所做的比道谢更重要。非常平常的一对兰色陶瓷杯碟,但它们确实很相配。

我查看了一下锅里煮着的土豆然后又搅拌了几下肉汁。有土豆和棕色肉汤可以吃,有房子可以住,我的丈夫有一份很好很稳定的工作--这一切的一切同样也很匹配。

使用特权

评论回复
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-11-14 16:14 | 只看该作者
Good News and Bad News

The soldiers had been marching and fighting, they were dirty, hot and tired. One day, the general announced: "My men, I have some good news and some bad news for you. Which one would you like first?"

"The good news!" they all shouted.

"OK," said the General. "The good news is that you will each be receiving a complete change of clothing."

"Hurrah!" chorused the soldiers.

"And now for the bad news. Jack, you will change with John. John, you will change with Tom. Tom, you will change with Robert. Robert ....

使用特权

评论回复
tee.|  楼主 | 2012-11-14 16:14 | 只看该作者
士兵们连续的行军,作战,他们又累又热又脏。一天,将军宣布:“士兵们,我有一些好消息和坏消息要告诉你们。你们愿意先听哪个呢?”

“好消息!”他们嚷道。

“好吧,”将军说,“好消息就是你们每个人都可以彻底的换一身衣服。”

“乌拉!”士兵们高兴地大叫起来。

“现在呢,该是坏消息了。杰克,你将和约翰换衣服,约翰,你和汤姆换,汤姆,你和罗伯特换,罗伯特……”

使用特权

评论回复
仙人球W| | 2013-2-19 14:54 | 只看该作者
哎啊   这个解释的好到位的   球球  顶顶